Beauty of Joseon Dynasty Cream
Back by request!
Review from Snow White & The Asian Pear. Beauty of Joseon rose in fame through the K-beauty community after the beauty cream launch. See below for more details on the brand.
This silky soft cream brightens and clears up your complexion.
The Beauty of Joseon Dynasty Cream is formulated with extracts used by women during the Joseon Dynasty: orchid, honey, ginseng, radish leaf, rice bran, cucurbit (water was used as a toner!), safflower seed oil.
- Honey & ginseng extracts: nourishing, soothing for that healthy glow
- Radish leaf and cucurbit extract: moisturising & maintaining hydration
- Safflower seed oil: common household item in the dynasty, rich in Vitamin E
- Improves skin elasticity: ceramide
- Whitening: niacinamide
- Reduces fine lines: adenosine
How it feels on the skin:
- Soft, not sticky nor greasy
- Great makeup base
- Brings back lustre in rough or dull skin
How to use: Can be used as a moisturiser (massage in for about 30 seconds), sleeping pack (add a little more than usual), or mixed with bb-cream or foundation (1:1 for a dewy look)
About the brand:
Beauty of Joseon products are made using the ingredients that were listed in the “Kyuhab Chongseo” (a guide compiled for women in the Joseon Dynasty) that focused on skincare for beautiful, clean and pure skin. It typifies the ‘Hanbang’ tradition of Korean ancient traditional skincare.
The Rise of Hanbang
- Hanbang cosmetics are Korean cosmetics that incorporate traditional herbs and ingredients – often fermented – into their formulas.
- Beauty of Joseon recreates time-honoured formulas featuring traditional Korean herbs and natural ingredients like orchids, honey and ginseng
- Other standout ingredients include pure water, dried radish greens, rice bran, gourd, flaxseed oil and ceramides.
- Korean beauty products featuring ‘Hanbang‘ skincare have been making massive waves in the beauty community, and with formulas that capture timeless traditions and time-honoured formulas it’s little wonder why.
- Many of the traditional ingredients in Beauty of Joseon’s Dynasty Cream have been used by Koreans since the Joseon Dynasty to treat and nurture skin.